Our immigration services and fees
Welcome to J I Solicitors
Types of Applications we cover:
1) Initial Application as a Parent of a Child Who Has Lived In The UK Continuously For Seven Years
2) Family Members Of British Citizens And Settled Persons including Fiancée and Spouse UK, Proposed Civil Partner and Unmarried, Same-Sex Partner visa applications.
3) Indefinite Leave to Remain as a victim of Domestic Violence or Bereaved Partner
4) Parent of a British Child or Children of a parent with limited leave to remain
5) EU Law applications
6) Long Residency applications
7) British Citizenship applications
8) UK Visitor visas
Hourly rate: £250.00 per hour plus VAT, however, most applications are quoted on a fixed fee basis.
On average, the above type of work takes between 8-10 hours to complete. This means that on average costs are between £2,000 and £2,500 plus VAT. All figures include VAT unless specifically stated.
The exact number of hours depends on the circumstances of each case.
Relevant factors are:
• The amount of supporting evidence involved
• Whether an interpreter is required
• Whether there are other dependents
If you can provide sufficient evidence at our first meeting and clearly meet the applicable Immigration Rules, the cost is likely to be at the lower end of this range or slightly lower between £1,500 – £2,000.
What services are included
The work will involve:
• discussing your circumstances in detail and confirming whether this is the most appropriate application for you to make and what other options may be available to you.
• giving you advice about the requirements of the Immigration Rules and whether you meet the criteria.
• if you do not fulfil certain criteria, whether this can be overcome and how, which on average takes 2 hours.
• considering the supporting evidence, you have provided, which we anticipate will take 2 to 3 hours.
• where necessary, helping you obtain further evidence (such as medical records and bank statements), including taking statements of any witnesses.
• preparing your application and submitting it on your behalf, which we anticipate will take 2 hours.
• Attendance at a Home Office interview: if the Home Office ask you to attend an interview, we will give you clear advice (and discuss the possibility of us attending with you) at the appropriate time. This could be between 2 and 3 hours of work.
• giving you advice about the outcome of the application and any further steps you need to take.
*The number of hours depends on the number of documents, whether they need to be translated, whether anything is missing and how long it will take to obtain the missing documents Disbursements (not included in costs set out above):
Disbursements are costs related to your matter that are payable to third parties, such as visa fees. We handle the payment of the disbursements on your behalf to ensure a smoother process.
• Interpreters’ fees will be advised. This kind of application will normally require between 3-4 hours with an interpreter, depending on the complexity of your case.
• Independent expert reports, e.g., medical experts. These are not required in many cases: we will let you know as soon as possible if we consider an expert report is necessary.
• If there is an interview, and we do attend with you, there will be additional disbursements in respect of our mileage/travel expenses.
The costs quoted here do not include:
• Any Home Office fees for making the application. You will pay this to the Home Office directly as part of the application process.
• Where the Home Office refuse your application, advice, and assistance relating to any appeal
How long will my application take?
We cannot guarantee how long the Home Office will take to process your application.
Read the current processing times. For applications outside the UK
Read the current processing times. For applications inside the UK
We will normally be able to submit this type of application within 4 weeks of you instructing us, but we will let you know at the earliest opportunity if it is likely to take longer than this.
Please note, the anticipated number of hours and fees are an estimate based on the facts above. All applications are likely to vary and, of course, we can give you a more accurate estimate once we have further information about your specific case.
We Can Help
If You're In Trouble